Technical specifications for wooden pen printing
We recommend you create your artwork in Adobe InDesign or Adobe Illustrator and supply your file as a print-ready PDF, saved under PDF profile PDF/X-1a:2001. Please submit your files as 1 layer without transparencies.
- Your artwork must be vectorised without any overlapping paths or bitmap images.
- Fonts must be outlined or embedded within your file.
- The printable area is the same size as the format size to be submitted, 50 x 6 mm. Please ensure the full design is included within the printable area. You do not have to supply bleed or use crop marks on your artwork.
- Colours should be used from the Pantone® Coated Library only. We cannot accept CMYK, RGB or unnamed spots. To print in black or white, please use the colours Pantone Black C and Pantone White (you can create a swatch named PANTONE White within your swatch palette).
- Artwork must be supplied as solid closed vector shapes without any gradients or transparencies, we cannot replicate these effects using the Pad Printing process.
- We recommend line-work has a minimum weight of 1.5pt (points) (3pt for reversed-out lines).
- Fonts should be at least 8pt (10pt for light and decorative fonts).
Please download our templates below to assist with setting up your artwork and see our Help Centre for more information.
Pen Type: Ballpoint Pen