Technical Specification for Sweatshirts
We recommend you create your artwork in Adobe InDesign or Adobe Illustrator (or other vector-based software) and supply your file as a print-ready PDF, saved under PDF profile PDF/X-1a:2001. Please submit your files as 1 layer without transparencies.
Your design should be supplied at the same size as the printable area, without a bleed. Please download our templates to find the maximum printable size for your selected product.
Due to the screen-printing process we use, colours should be used from the Pantone® Coated Library only. We cannot accept CMYK, RGB or unnamed spots.
We use plastisol inks that are phthalate-free, eco-passport certified and scentless.
You can include a maximum of 4 Pantone® (spot) colours in your design, as 100% solid colours. Please note, gradients and percentages of a colour cannot be reproduced using this print process.
- Please ensure colours do not overlap in your design.
- Gradients and percentages of a colour cannot be reproduced using this print process.
- To print in black or white, please use the colours PANTONE Black C and PANTONE White (this is not part of the Pantone library so you should create a spot colour named PANTONE White within your colour swatches).
- Please do not represent the colour of your Sweatshirt on your artwork unless you are printing using PANTONE White. If you are printing PANTONE White please supply your artwork with a background colour, in CMYK, which represents the colour of Sweatshirt which has been ordered.
- Outline or embed fonts.
- Please ensure the design is fully vectorised and does not use bitmap images. Any artwork containing bitmap images cannot be accepted.
- Submit your files without cut marks or printer marks.
- For optimal printing, we recommend lines should be at least 1.5pt and text should be at least size 14pt. For light and decorative lettering, we recommend a font size of at least 28pt.