Technical Specifications for Basic T-Shirt Printing
Our Basic T-Shirts are available in the following 16 colours:
- White, Black, Deep Navy, Fuchsia, Royal Blue, Yellow, Purple, Anthracite, Grey, Green, Orange, Red, Navy, Light Blue, Bottle Green and Sky Blue.
The following sizes are available:
- Men’s regular fit: S, M, L, XL and XXL
- Women’s slim fit: S, M, L, XL and XXL
- View our size guide.
- Weight: 165gsm, except white which is 160gsm
Your design should be supplied at the same size as the printable area, without a bleed.
These T-Shirts can be printed double or single sided on the left chest, front and back.
- Back Centre (30x35cm)
- Front And Back Centre (30x35cm) (30x35cm)
- Front Centre (30x35cm)
- Front Left (10x10cm)
- Front Left And Back Centre (10x10cm) (30x35cm)
We recommend you create your artwork in Adobe InDesign or Adobe Illustrator and supply your file as a print-ready PDF, saved under PDF profile PDF/X-1a:2001. Please submit your files as 1 layer without transparencies.
Due to the screen printing process we use, colours should be used from the Pantone® Coated Library only. We cannot accept CMYK, RGB or unnamed spots.
- Basic T-shirts are printed using the following Pantone® matching systems:
- 1/0 Pantone® (spot colour), 2/0 Pantone® (spot colour), 3/0 Pantone® (spot colour) and 4/0 Pantone® (spot colour).
- You can include a maximum of 4 Pantone® (spot) colours in your design, as 100% colours. Please note, gradients and percentages of a colour cannot be reproduced using this print process.
- Please ensure colours do not overlap in your design.
- To print in black or white, please use the colours Pantone Black C and Pantone White.
- For white t-shirts, please do not represent white as a solid colour on your artwork. If you are printing in white ink, please represent the colour of your t-shirt in your artwork file, for example: please provide a black background on your artwork with your white artwork on top.
We use plastisol inks that are phthalate-free, eco-passport certified and scentless.
Outline or embed fonts.
Please ensure the design is fully vectorised and does not use bitmap images.
Submit your files without cut marks or printer marks.
For optimal printing, we recommend lines should be at least 1.5pt and text should be at least size 14pt. For light and decorative lettering, we recommend a font size of at least 28pt.
For more guidance on how to successfully set up and submit your artwork, call us today
- Wash at 40°C
- Do not bleach
- Do not dry clean
- Do not tumble dry
- Iron on a low heat, from the inside only
- Avoid using excessive fabric conditioner as your print will last longer